My dream to become A Chartered Accountant

I have wanted to become a Chartered Accountant for long time even from my school life, it is my utmost wish to become a chartered accountant and to establish my own auditing and business consultancy firm.



During my school life I heard many success stories of the chartered accountants when I listen about the success stories from my teachers and friends it motivate me to study chartered accountancy. The selection of Commerce/Accountancy major in intermediate studies after passing matriculation in accounting is the first step of the path for the accomplishment of this dream.
I initially start planning to start chartered accountancy after completing my intermediate studies but due to financial problem I was not able to start chartered accountancy study after my intermediate studies. Therefore, I change my planning and decided to first study Bachelor of Commerce and then start chartered accountancy keeping in view that the bachelor’s study will expand my knowledge related to accountancy and auditing and I would be able to perform well in the chartered accountancy studies. Although I’m not quite sure that the studying Bachelor of Commerce after Intermediate studies is a good decision or not but I gain very valuable knowledge and experiences during my university life. I also received some critics and some motivational comments from my friends and teachers, for a while I change my mind after receiving suggestions from my friend and teacher that the chartered accountancy take long span of time which consists of 5 to 6 years. One day I meet with the representative of Institute of Chartered Accountant of Pakistan (ICAP) and some students who are studying chartered accountancy in an education expo, they gave very motivational remarks and also gave me valuable suggestions regarding the chartered accountancy.

In order to achieve this goal the following task should be accomplished first:


  • First gaining 13 course exemptions out of 21 courses after completing graduation


  • Obtain an article-ship (practical training) contract from a well reputed auditing & consultancy firm e.g. PWC, KPMG, Deloitte etc. for 3 years.
  • Start taking coaching for remaining 8 courses and passed all of them and complete the 3 years articleship in order to get chartered accountant membership of ICAP.

After achieving all the three task I would become Chartered Accountant and become a member of ICAP and have the legal right to carried on auditing services in Pakistan and could be called as a legal auditor.

My next step after gaining ICAP membership to establish my own auditing and business consultancy firm.

1 comment: